Blood in urine – Hematuria
Dr Satarupa Deb is well known Nephrologist attached with Bombay Hospital, She is one of the Best Blood in Urine Treatment Doctor in South Mumbai, curing Hematuria.
The medical term for blood in urine is hematuria. It is defined as the presence of red blood cells in your urine. If you are able to see blood in your urine, then it is termed as gross hematuria. When the blood is seen only under the microscope, then it is termed as microscopic hematuria. In any of the types, knowing the reason for bleeding is necessary to treat hematuria.
In most of the cases, blood in the urine is the only symptom of hematuria. If clots appear in the urine, it may cause bladder pain. Sometimes, the underlying conditions might cause the symptoms that include the following:
Decreased urinary force
Pain while urinating
Abnormality in any part of your urinary tract may cause hematuria. These defects may occur as a result of following conditions.
Urinary tract infections
Kidney infections such as pyelonephritis
Stones in your bladder or the kidney
Increase in the size of your prostate gland
Kidney diseases such as glomerulonephritis
Viral infections of urinary tract
Sexually transmitted diseases
Tumors such as renal carcinoma, bladder carcinoma, prostate cancer, urethral cancer or endometrial cancer
Polycystic renal disease
Congenital vascular anomalies
Surgical procedures to the bladder or prostate
Use of anticoagulants and anti-inflammatory drugs
Trauma to the kidney
Hematuria treatment ranges from antibiotic therapy to surgery, depending on the underlying cause.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) – Medicines are there to
reduce prostate size. Single or a combination of two drugs is typically used. If ineffective, endoscopic surgery may
be carried out
- Kidney and bladder stones - Procedures to break /remove the stones may be necessary
- Kidney disease - Treated as necessary. Dialysis if there is kidney failure
- Medications that induce hematuria (such as aspirin, clopilet, quinine may need to be discontinued)
- Trauma-induced hematuria - Treated according to the problem ranging from rest to surgery
- Urinary tract blockages - Removal of the blockage
- Infection induced hematuria - Medications
- Cancer caused hematuria - Radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and surgery
Dr Satarupa Deb provides Best treatment for Hematuria, Blood in Urine, She practises in South Mumbai and in Western Suburbs of Mumbai, Bandra, Dadar, Mahim. Contact Now, For Hematuria, Blood in Urine Treatment Doctor in South Mumbai.